Monday, December 12, 2011

Android Cam Crazy!!!

I recently purchased an Android phone with a 2MP camera... I know, not the kind of specs I usually go for but beggars can't be choosy (yeah, thats right...I'm a beggar).

Looking at the Samsung Android market, I found a lot of cool photo editors and effects...most of them are embedded on the phone camera so you have the option of using the software as a way to capture the image.

There's the classic Pixlr-o-matic by Autodesk, which is well know not only to web heads but also to Iphone users also. Its easy to use interface with variety of effects can give a beginner a golden touch when taking photos.

The Lightbox app is also like Pixlr but with additional effects. The 'Lomo' and 'HDR' settings are a joy to use.

For a varied look into the different types of camera, there is the FxCamera which lets you choose the type of camera, from ordinary, to Toy Cam, to Polaroids, and much more. With a nifty 'Symmetrical Camera" which lets you play with the same photo twice.

There's still lot of apps I have to go through, and I hope to find a good app out there that would help even a beginner like me create better visuals for their hobby.

------------------------------------

(Lightbox's Lomo filter)

(Symmetrical from FXCamera)

(Toy Camera from FXCamera)



No comments:

Post a Comment