Saturday, August 27, 2011

Makeshift Flash Diffuser

I saw in one online resource that almost any translucent object can be turned to a flash diffuser or filter. In one example, they used an empty carton of cigarettes as a diffuser.

I made one just like it. but with a few alterations


While the cigarette box in that webpage was closed, I put a little hole on the top to act as a reflector.

When the cardboard was closed, the resulting shot was red. That means the other colors of the spectrum was not getting out. That's why I added the hole, to reflect the other colors upward providing the hues needed to make the flash white.

In outdoor ambient lighting, the flash appears 'cream' or off white. In total darkness, it shoots off an orange, reddish tone.

Well, still needs more work.

(using ordinary flash)

(with my home made diffuser)


No comments:

Post a Comment